Fine Art/Carmelita - Rico Tomaso

Question
I have a signed print in original frame with a brass inscription on the bottom Carmelita - Rico Tomaso. The back is a blue and white label with Illinois Moulding Co. featuring Windsor Art Products, Chicago Illinois 60608, #P555-2, CB5328-652, CARMELITA, Made in USA.
Then another label stating " This exquisite finished frame of selected wood represents the ultimate in fine wood texture. Variations in the wood enhances the natural beauty and adds to it's authenticity.
I got it from a yard sale, and she got it from a yard sale. My online research figures it's about 60 years old, but I keep on coming to dead ends. Including the frame it is 35"X 43". I am not sure how many prints were made, or what the value is. Could you please help me with more info on her? Thank you!

Answer
Dear Naomi,
Your print was released in an open poster edition; which means it is not known how many have been printed. Some have been adhered to heavy card stock and made to appear as original paintings. The signature on your print is referred to as "signed in the print or plate" as opposed to hand signed. The prints are considered decorative art and the value is based on what a vintage print collector is willing to pay. There are a few of them online for sale, but the people selling them are under the impression they have original paintings and have high prices on them. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley