Fine Art/Dali Lithograph

Question
My parents found a large lithograph by Salvador Dali after my grandmother passed away, entitled THE APOTHEOSIS OF HOMER, It is numbered 103 of 300, one thing about it is that the image is reversed in comparison to the ones I have seen online.  I am unsure why or if in fact it is legit.  The signature appears authentic but I am not sure as well.  Please let me know your opinion on the value or authenticity of it. I can provide pictures if necessary. Thank you.

Answer
Dear Mark,
After reviewing the photographs you sent and doing research; the print you have asked me about, The Apotheosis of Homer, (Apoteose d’ Homer), is not considered an original Dali print and listed as a fake or unauthorized edition in “The Official Catalog of the Graphic Works of Salvador Dali” by Albert Field.
Sometime between 1979 and 1981, contracts were made that represent Dali giving permission to the publisher Gilbert Hamon to print “after” editions of Dali’s work. Dali never actually saw or did he ever sign any of these reproductions. It was later discovered that the signatures on most of the Hamon contracts were not made by Dali. Hamon was arrested for art fraud and eventually confessed to the police that he had forged Dali’s signature on many of the prints, and was forced to pay a fine of $5 million francs to the French government.
There are numerous fake Dali prints and signatures on the secondary art market, and I regret to tell you that your print is one of these. If you like the image, it can be decorative artwork in your home. It does not have value beyond that and anyone representing it as an original would be fraudulent in their representation.
As I have written in the past, dealing with work by Dali can be extremely tricky and I advise collector’s to buy only from reputable dealers and to also get a secondary opinion on the work before purchasing.
I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley