Fine Art/identification

Question
pic 1
pic 1  

pic 2
pic 2  
Hi, i bought this picture @ an estate sale and was wondering if you can help with identifying its age, subject matter or artist.i cannot find ANYTHING on this painting except 1 person is selling there's on an online auction and even he puts in his description that he needed information. other than that, i think we may be the only 2 people that own these. By the way, mine is on paper and large. Frame it was in seems rather old and i can tell it seem to of had some water damage (well it smells like wet basement) Any kind of information would be helpful. thank you

Answer
Dear Angela,
I do not recognize the painting or artist. I found the other one you mentioned and it appears the signature is M.Major. I cannot locate the artist in my databases. Most likely an illustration artist who released this image as an open edition print. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley