Fine Art/identification

pic 1
pic 1  

pic 2
pic 2  
Hi, i bought this picture @ an estate sale and was wondering if you can help with identifying its age, subject matter or artist.i cannot find ANYTHING on this painting except 1 person is selling there's on an online auction and even he puts in his description that he needed information. other than that, i think we may be the only 2 people that own these. By the way, mine is on paper and large. Frame it was in seems rather old and i can tell it seem to of had some water damage (well it smells like wet basement) Any kind of information would be helpful. thank you

Dear Angela,
I do not recognize the painting or artist. I found the other one you mentioned and it appears the signature is M.Major. I cannot locate the artist in my databases. Most likely an illustration artist who released this image as an open edition print. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.