Fine Art/Identification of painting

Bidfish? 1926?
Bidfish? 1926?  
Hello there, I recently came across this painting and I can't find any information about it or about the artist. I was wondering if you could help me. The canvas is 26" X 19" and it sits in a wooden frame. On the bottom it looks to be signed- "Thos. Bidfish(or Bodfish)-26" I'll send some pictures along. Any info would be wonderful. Thanks in advance."

Dear Brad,
I believe it is Thomas Bodfish. I checked artist records and he is not a listed artist at this time. I found one painting by the artist that sold in 2008 for $127 in a Canadian auction gallery, (link below). According to the date on the painting, it is from the same era as yours. They did not have information on the artist either, so he may have been a local or regional artist. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.