Fine Art/Identification of painting

Question
?
?  

Bidfish? 1926?
Bidfish? 1926?  
Hello there, I recently came across this painting and I can't find any information about it or about the artist. I was wondering if you could help me. The canvas is 26" X 19" and it sits in a wooden frame. On the bottom it looks to be signed- "Thos. Bidfish(or Bodfish)-26" I'll send some pictures along. Any info would be wonderful. Thanks in advance."

Answer
Dear Brad,
I believe it is Thomas Bodfish. I checked artist records and he is not a listed artist at this time. I found one painting by the artist that sold in 2008 for $127 in a Canadian auction gallery, (link below). According to the date on the painting, it is from the same era as yours. They did not have information on the artist either, so he may have been a local or regional artist. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/thomas-bodfish-,-the-embrace,-oil-on-canvas,-

Dolly D Headley