Fine Art/Martens Painting

Question
Martens Painting
Martens Painting  

Martens signature
Martens signature  
Hi. We have a landscape painting that is signed Martens,there are no other markings on the front or back. We have no idea who this person might be,or if possibly the painting might have some value. Could you help us?

Answer
Dear Maria,

I hope you are doing well. I have looked at your painting and I am not able to attribute it to a known artist with the last name of Martens. It is difficult to tell from the photos, but the use of the brush to create the trees does not show the work of a skilled fine artist. It may be a regional artist, but my thoughts are that it is "decorative" art produced for the mass market at starving artist shows or online. Without a first name, it will be very difficult to research further. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley