Fine Art/Martens Painting

Martens Painting
Martens Painting  

Martens signature
Martens signature  
Hi. We have a landscape painting that is signed Martens,there are no other markings on the front or back. We have no idea who this person might be,or if possibly the painting might have some value. Could you help us?

Dear Maria,

I hope you are doing well. I have looked at your painting and I am not able to attribute it to a known artist with the last name of Martens. It is difficult to tell from the photos, but the use of the brush to create the trees does not show the work of a skilled fine artist. It may be a regional artist, but my thoughts are that it is "decorative" art produced for the mass market at starving artist shows or online. Without a first name, it will be very difficult to research further. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.