Fine Art/Mill in Brittany

I'm assuming this is a copy of some sort, but I have a Print? Approx 8 in by 10&1/2 in. On the back, in the lower right hand corner is a label "BRAUN & CIE MULHOUSE-DORNACH-PARIS a "c" with a circle around it "BY S.P.A.D.E.M/ & BRAUN ET CIE 39035 (A "B" with a circle around it) - GAUGUIN Moulin en Bretagne Mill in Brittany COLLECTION PARTICULIERE".
Could you poss. tell me a little about it? I tried looking online with not much luck, which makes me think it's just a nice copy.

Thank you so much for your time!

Hi Maureen,

This piece sounds like a reproduction produced by SPADEM (the Société de la Propriété Artistique et des Dessins et Modules).  SPADEM is a copyright protection and collection society in France formed by visual artists and their heirs. This organization defends the legal rights of artists, ensuring that they receive the credit and profit due to them from the sale and distribution of their works.  SPADEM is a legitimate organization that does publish reproductions of artist’s works.  However, these works differ from original, hand signed and editioned prints such as those seen on the following link:
These SPADEM produced works unfortunately have little or no collectable value, but they do allow us to enjoy the wonderful images created by famous artists.

I hope that this information can be of assistance!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University