Fine Art/Oil painting 18 x27?

Signed J. Bianchi 1950 titled Cottage by the lake Can you give me some information on this painting and approx. value

Thank yo

Dear Susan,
There are numerous artists that have the same last name and several with first names beginning with the letter J. I found an artist who is showing up on the secondary market whose paintings are primarily signed as J. Bianchi in red paint in the lower right corner of the paintings. Most of these are also noted as to the location of the landscape/cityscape scene by the artist on the back of the canvas. If this sounds like your painting, the artist may be by John Bianchi, (New York, 1867-1939). There is not a biography on the artist currently available in books or online.
As with all art, the monetary value on the secondary market can vary greatly. I have seen his paintings listed in the range of $200-$2000. The subject and size of a painting can affect its desirability. There are currently 4-5 of his paintings on eBay in the price range listed above. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.