Fine Art/Oil painting 18 x27?

Question
Signed J. Bianchi 1950 titled Cottage by the lake Can you give me some information on this painting and approx. value

Thank yo

Answer
Dear Susan,
There are numerous artists that have the same last name and several with first names beginning with the letter J. I found an artist who is showing up on the secondary market whose paintings are primarily signed as J. Bianchi in red paint in the lower right corner of the paintings. Most of these are also noted as to the location of the landscape/cityscape scene by the artist on the back of the canvas. If this sounds like your painting, the artist may be by John Bianchi, (New York, 1867-1939). There is not a biography on the artist currently available in books or online.
As with all art, the monetary value on the secondary market can vary greatly. I have seen his paintings listed in the range of $200-$2000. The subject and size of a painting can affect its desirability. There are currently 4-5 of his paintings on eBay in the price range listed above. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley