Fine Art/Picasso like Petite Flours

jpeg 32
jpeg 32  

jpeg 33
jpeg 33  
I have a framed picture that at a glance looks to be a copy of Petite Flours. A closer looks shows different colors, different count of flower petals and stems, and various other minor differences. The signature and date look the same but mine doesn't have periods between date numbers. The paper has texture like skin. I don't see any printing around the boarders. Is it possible that I got lucky...I got this for free many years ago.

Hello Steve,

In my opinion, this works looks like a reproduction.  The signature is printed rather than signed by hand, and the texture of the paper and print do not look like that of the original print. The variation in the colors and different count of petals and stems only further leads me to feel that this is not an original print by Picasso.  

Sorry to not be the bearer of better news.  Hopefully, you can enjoy this work for its decorative value.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University