Fine Art/Renoir Drawing.

Question
Dear Mam, I have a drawing on very old paper of a female nude,reclining. It is siged Renior. There appears to be a date on the back of 1880. There appears to be Watermarks in the paper symbol of an anchor?? Do you know if Renoir ever used such paper?Please advise. Thank You,Erik

Answer
Dear Erik,
I do not know all of the papers used by Renoir. I suggest you contact one of the major auction houses and get their opinion. They would know the watermarks on his paper. However, I must advise that getting an original Renoir authenticated without impeccable provenance would be close to impossible. I am going to give you a link to an article about one persons efforts to get a Renoir drawing authenticated. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Dolly

http://blogs.artinfo.com/secrethistoryofart/2011/06/11/found-a-lost-renoir-one-o

Dolly D Headley