Fine Art/Renoir Drawing.

Dear Mam, I have a drawing on very old paper of a female nude,reclining. It is siged Renior. There appears to be a date on the back of 1880. There appears to be Watermarks in the paper symbol of an anchor?? Do you know if Renoir ever used such paper?Please advise. Thank You,Erik

Dear Erik,
I do not know all of the papers used by Renoir. I suggest you contact one of the major auction houses and get their opinion. They would know the watermarks on his paper. However, I must advise that getting an original Renoir authenticated without impeccable provenance would be close to impossible. I am going to give you a link to an article about one persons efforts to get a Renoir drawing authenticated. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.