Fine Art/Rosa Bonhuer

Question
Rosa bonhuer
Rosa bonhuer  

Rosa Bonhuer
Rosa Bonhuer  
I bought this five years ago. Can you help me figure what this is? I am stumped.. seems no one has ever seen a piece like this. I have attached a picture.
Thank you in advance,
Barrie

Answer
Dear Barrie,

It appears you have an engraving of the print "The Horse Fair" after Rosa Bonheur. I have seen them in two sizes with the larger being close to 28 x 39 inches. Yours is black and white as printed, but there are others that have been hand painted. As with all paper art, condition is extremely important. In very good condition, this engraving has sold in the several hundred dollar range. You may want to re-frame yours with acid free materials. It appears to be in vintage framing. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley