Fine Art/edgar degas painting

Question
QUESTION: i have a edgar degas painting that i found in my grandmothers attic. not sure if it is a reproduction it is signed bottom left corner nicely framed. i can give you a photo if you want to see it

it is the dancing class picture

ANSWER: Hello Rebecca,

I would love to try my best to assist you.  Please send an image of this work if possible so that I may take a closer look.

Best,

Andrew Evans

QUESTION: not sure how to post photos. please advise where i can send them

Answer
Hello Rebecca,

I have received the images of your piece.  Based on the texture of the work, I believe this to be a reproduction of one of Degas' paintings (it does not appear to me as brushstrokes that define the figures).  

However, I have included the contact information for the current experts on Degas' unique original works below.  Only the below individuals have the authority to authenticate a potentially unique work by Degas.

Sylvie Brame| Brame & Lorenceau
68, boulevard Malesherbes
75008 Paris
FRANCE
Tel +33 (0) 1 45 22 16 89
Fax +33 (0) 1 45 22 01 67
E: galerie@gbl.fr OR degas@gbl.fr
www.gbl.fr

Théodore Reff
435 Riverside Dr., Apt 92
New York, NY 10025
T: (212) 864-6683
E: tfr2@columbia.edu

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans