Fine Art/edgar degas painting

QUESTION: i have a edgar degas painting that i found in my grandmothers attic. not sure if it is a reproduction it is signed bottom left corner nicely framed. i can give you a photo if you want to see it

it is the dancing class picture

ANSWER: Hello Rebecca,

I would love to try my best to assist you.  Please send an image of this work if possible so that I may take a closer look.

Andrew Evans

QUESTION: not sure how to post photos. please advise where i can send them

Hello Rebecca,

I have received the images of your piece.  Based on the texture of the work, I believe this to be a reproduction of one of Degas' paintings (it does not appear to me as brushstrokes that define the figures).  

However, I have included the contact information for the current experts on Degas' unique original works below.  Only the below individuals have the authority to authenticate a potentially unique work by Degas.

Sylvie Brame| Brame & Lorenceau
68, boulevard Malesherbes
75008 Paris
Tel +33 (0) 1 45 22 16 89
Fax +33 (0) 1 45 22 01 67

Théodore Reff
435 Riverside Dr., Apt 92
New York, NY 10025
T: (212) 864-6683

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University