Fine Art/C.A. Blinn painting

B. Dawson wrote at 2012-10-21 20:00:38
Hello Andrew,

I just purchased a painting by C.A. Blinn at an estate sale in Kingston, Ontario. It is a small landscape on pressed cardboard panel (6"x10"). There is no date or further information on the back other than a 2.00 price marked in pencil. The signature looks identical to the one on your piece, though this one is in the bottom left hand corner. The landscape could be anywhere really, quite generic, maybe Scotland or England, but could even be Ontario! It is sensitively painted though and has nicely rendered detail.

Doesn't really give you any further info about the artist, just thought you might be interested.  

Michael Blinn wrote at 2013-02-03 03:37:43
C A Blinn was my grandfather.He was born in London Ontario in 1884 and died in 1953. His work was all done from visions of what he seen in his travels, and then was created on canvas from his studio. I was born the year he died, and only own one piece of his work !!!

Cynthia wrote at 2013-05-17 12:16:25
I recently purchased a small oil by this artist, at an auction in Peterborough Ont. On the back in pencil it says 'Tradaga Mountain North Wales Eng.' . The painting is 6"x8" and the signature looks identical.

Cynthia wrote at 2013-05-17 12:17:38

Elsie wrote at 2016-11-27 22:38:57
I also have a painting by C.A. Blinn.  

I discovered that his name is Charles A. Blinn and I have found his grandson.

Sincerely,

Elsie

Stuart Cartwright