Fine Art/Jazz Musicians

I have a genuine lithograph on canvas- stated from Chicago, Illinois- and a Artistic impressions, inc. oil certified # of 882609 painting of 3 black jazz musicians sitting on a bench. It is signed on the front "Ida Jackson". The painting is framed in a #911 Cherry frame and the size is 12x16 (wood frame) fairly good shape.

My question: Does my painting hold any value and is it an original?

Dear Gail,
I do not believe it is an original lithograph, but it may be a "genuine" after the artist Ida Jackson. I have found other examples of her work in the same medium, and even found one for sale on ebay. In most instances an art's value is determined by what a collector is willing to pay. I have inserted a link to the listing. It appears the prints were originally sold for $100; more or less. I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Link to ebay listing:

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.