Fine Art/Lady of Castile by puyet

lady of castile
lady of castile  

Lady of Castile
Lady of Castile  
I have a large painting of Lady of Castile by Puyet, it has a gold plate at bottom with the name on it and by whom..I was wondering how can I tell if it is an origonal? or how much a copy would be if I would want to sell it.

Hello Maria,

As far as I know, only one unique original painting of this work exists.  This image is highly reproduced, and I would guess that yours is likely a reproduction comparable to the work that sold on ebay as referenced in the below link:

I would place the approximate value somewhere near the above sale ($95) for this work depending on the frame/condition.  This work is decorative and has no real collectible value.

Sorry to not bear better news.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University