Fine Art/Lady of Castile by puyet

Question
lady of castile
lady of castile  

Lady of Castile
Lady of Castile  
I have a large painting of Lady of Castile by Puyet, it has a gold plate at bottom with the name on it and by whom..I was wondering how can I tell if it is an origonal? or how much a copy would be if I would want to sell it.

Answer
Hello Maria,

As far as I know, only one unique original painting of this work exists.  This image is highly reproduced, and I would guess that yours is likely a reproduction comparable to the work that sold on ebay as referenced in the below link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LADY-CASTILE-JOSE-PUYET-/260905747670

I would place the approximate value somewhere near the above sale ($95) for this work depending on the frame/condition.  This work is decorative and has no real collectible value.

Sorry to not bear better news.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans