Fine Art/Lee Reynolds

Hello i have recently come into owning a 48 by 60 inch original signed Lee Reynolds oil painting it is expressionism i believe with pastel colors of flowers similar works are going for around 2000 dollars on ebay and i was just wondering what a rough value might be on my piece and how i would go about finding out when it was done, and if it could be worth more because it is a famous one. im not sure please get back to me

Lee Reynolds signature paintings are not collector art.  They are decorator or "decor" pieces, and were sold as such by an outfit called Vanguard, owned by Lee Reynolds Burr.  Staff artists knocked out paintings in scores, in part, to feed a voracious appetite for framed art pieces in the mid nineteenth century.  eBay is probably a better place to seek out the market in decor art than is this forum.  

Which is not to say that you might not enjoy your picture. And no one but you can put a value to that!  Have a great day.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration