Fine Art/Looking for value

No title given
No title given  

no title given
no title given  
I have in my possession 2 paintings of unknown artist. They are from Vanguard Studios. The first is Catalog # 4388 Set # Ru4014. The first two letters are in cursive so the letters may not be acurate.
The second is Cataloge # 4389 set #zr4014

I was just about to deep-six your question as it is "outside my expertise", but I thought those pictures were somewhat evocative of a Wyeth (though clearly not a Wyeth). I wanted to say these are commercially produced pieces of art, if not prints.  Then I found the best answer.  From a compatriot expert on this web service.  Dolly Headley has given the best answer (albeit about another painting, but apropos of your picture as well,) about Vanguard Studios that I can quickly find:

"What you have is a painting by a staff member at Vanguard Studios. Vanguard Studios was founded by an artist named Lee Reynolds Burr and represents a business venture that was formed in the sixties to create affordable oil paintings for the masses.

Vanguard apprentice artists were usually trained at America's finest art schools but signed the work they produced as Lee Reynolds. You did not mention a name on the painting. Lee Reynolds Burr permitted the signature "Lee Reynolds" to be affixed to the best of the works conceived and executed at Vanguard Studios. At the same time, the signature was accompanied by a Vanguard Studios stamp on the back.

Value on this work is decorative and depends on the quality of technique and the desirability of the subject matter. To find other work similar to yours; do an Internet search using key words “Lee Reynolds painting” or “Vanguard Studios painting”. There are usually several at any time on eBay. I hope this information is helpful."
 - Answer by Dolly Headley, AllExperts

Lisa, I hope that Dolly's answer is of help to you!  I believe Ms. Headley may be the top-rated expert on this service, by-the-way!  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration