Fine Art/Louis Kronberg

Question
Ballerina
Ballerina  

signature
signature  
We have a painting by Louis Kronberg that my dad was given years ago.  Any idea of its value?  My mom has no interest in keeping it.  Thank you.

Answer
Diane,
As you know, Louis Kronberg was a prominent Massachusetts name! He studied in Paris, and was heavily influenced by the Impressionists and most importantly Edgar Degas.  He focused almost exclusively on dancers and the theater.  As to value, his pictures can vary wildly depending on the usual considerations of quality, composition, size, light, signature and date, condition, etc. Feel free to contact me directly at [ w w w . cartwrightfineart . c o m  ] I'd be interested to learn more about your picture.  

Stuart Cartwright