Fine Art/Louis Kronberg

We have a painting by Louis Kronberg that my dad was given years ago.  Any idea of its value?  My mom has no interest in keeping it.  Thank you.

As you know, Louis Kronberg was a prominent Massachusetts name! He studied in Paris, and was heavily influenced by the Impressionists and most importantly Edgar Degas.  He focused almost exclusively on dancers and the theater.  As to value, his pictures can vary wildly depending on the usual considerations of quality, composition, size, light, signature and date, condition, etc. Feel free to contact me directly at [ w w w . cartwrightfineart . c o m  ] I'd be interested to learn more about your picture.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration