Fine Art/Old Oil Painting with no signature visible providence.

Question
Front
Front  

I purchased this unusual oil on canvas (I believe) at a junk store.

I was hoping to find a signature or some providence when I removed it from the frame - but there isn't anything visible.

It was professionally framed at some point - I think the frame is at least 100 years old - the framing technique uses tiny sharp brackets.
There was no glass in the frame
It was touched up at some point - there is evidence of a black line of paint along a tear and the edges are also touched up with black paint
It's done in Oil and mounted onto a timber backboard
The back of the painting board was painted over in brown
It is not a print or faked to look old
The size is: 19.5mm x 230.5mm or 7.5 inches x ~9.1 inches

Here is the album of photos (frame etc) here:

http://imgur.com/a/2Aqa0/#0

I would love a nudge in the right direction on identification and so forth.

Answer
Dear Nic,
I am sorry, but without an artist's name I cannot give you any more information on your painting other than it is definitely antique; probably 19th century. Try sending photos to your local museums and see if they recognize the artist style. It may be a local or regional artist that has work in their collections. The frame is not period and probably added during the middle to last part of the 20th century.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley