Fine Art/is this a picasso

Possible P
Possible P  
got this at a garage sale for 9 dollars. There is acid marks from old tape seeping through. Clearly pencil over ink. signed and numbered. Doubt is worth much because of the tape issue but would like to think it is indeed a Picasso.

Hello T,

I believe that this is a facsimile lithograph from the portolio "Le Gout du Bonheur" by Pablo Picasso.  You can read more about this portfolio here

The portfolio consists of 71 facsimile lithographs (your work appears to be 1 of the 71 included in each portfolio). The entire portfolio edition was 1,998 (3 editions of 666 each were produced by 3 different publishers: Edition Cercle d'Art, Paris, Harry N. Abrams, New York, and Carl Shunemann, Bremen in 1970).  

Unfortunately, do to the high edition, this work by itself is not very valuable. Similar works are listed for 75 British pounds on this site  It is probably worth around $200-$300 at most (give or take depending on condition), but still not a bad investment for $9.  At auction, the entire portfolio sells for around $2,000-$4,000.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University