Fine Art/Picasso Authentication.

I have recently purchased two pieces supposedly by P. Picasso. I would like to get your opinion on the authenticity. Thanks.

Dear Joshua,
I have studied your art and my professional opinion is that they are not original Picasso drawings. I have seen many originals and even more fakes and there is a difference in the confidence that is apparent to me. The signatures are also not by Picasso.
I must also tell you that even if I thought they could be original Pablo Picasso drawings; the chance of getting an undocumented Picasso authenticated is nearly impossible. He is the most forged artist in the world and no auction house or reputable dealer would go near any of his work without traceable irrefutable heritage on the piece.
I hope you did not pay very much for the pair. I wish I could give you better news.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.