Fine Art/renoir lithograph

Question
Hi, we have a lithograph with in-plate signature "renoir 74". It is on thin uneven paper (vellum?). It has a pictorial vertical oval embossed chop mark at the bottom left (no letters), it's size is rougly 30cmx23cm, it looks like the edges were cut. I assume it is a commercially produced lithograph after a drawing, but it looks old. (It comes my husband's great-grandparents from Europe.)

It looks exactly like this one:
http://auctionata.com/en/o/5066/historische-lithographie-madchenkopf-auguste-ren
except that it is greenish rather than yellowish and has the embossed mark (no mark is visible on those photos).

Any information about where and when it may have been produced would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Answer
Dear Susanne,
I do not have a Renoir catalog, but the size of yours and the one you found are similar. The color difference may be due to the fading and discoloration of the other print. I cannot see yours, but maybe it is in better condition and therefore closer to the original color. It is doubtful a publisher would print a reproduction copy of an original lithograph on vellum. If you have a jewelers loupe or high magnification glass, check the print for any dot patterns.
Overall, I believe you have a print from the same plate. The blind stamp may have been added later by a collector. It was fashionable for some collectors to create their own blind stamps for books and paper in their collections.
Try sending good quality photos to one of the major museums such as Sothebys or Christies and have them take a look at it for you.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley