Fine Art/artist

Question
I have a landscape painting of tall trees and a valley withhills in background would like to know about the artist W.Richter.     thanks al

Answer
Wilmer Siegfried Richter (1891-1993) is a listed artist who executed many landscape scenes, notably winter scenes in Pennsylvania.  There is a treasure-trove of biographical material on him online.  I hope this gives you something to go on.  

- Stu

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilmer Siegfried Richter was born in Philadelphia in 1891. He studied at the Museum School of Industrial Arts, and at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts under W.H. Everett, Daniel Garber, Joseph T. Pearson, and George Obersteuffer. In 1920, Richter became a member of the Philadelphia Sketch Club, and became the Life Class Chairman in 1927.

He was awarded the Life Class Medal in 1932, and was elected to the board of directors in 1935. He was also a member of the Philadelphia Watercolor Club. In 1947, Richter moved to Florida. He is noted for his graphite drawings of industrial sites both in the U.S. and abroad.

Source:
Newman Galleries
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuart Cartwright