Fine Art/Chagall - Jaques Lassaigne

Question
Chagall
Chagall  

Chagall
Chagall  
Hello Andrew,
I have recently inherited this book, it is in good condition (slight discoloration) and contains all 15 lithographs, all but one of which is in excellent condition (the red rooster has a small crease on the edge).  Can you tell me a little bit about this book? are these posters?  what would be the value?  Thank you in advance for your help.
-Jesse

Answer
Hello Jesse,

These works are considered original Chagall lithographs from the portfolio "Chagall" by Jacques Lassaigne. This portfolio was published by Maeght Editeur, Paris in 1957 and consists of 15 original lithographs. The text and typography for this portfolio were printed by Draeger Freres, Montrouge and the lithographs were printed by Mourlot Freres, Paris.

I cannot tell exactly from the attached images, but I imagine that your lithographs are unsigned and unnumbered. If this is the case, I believe that this entire portfolio sells for around $1,000 - $1,200 at auction.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans