Fine Art/degas

3 ballet dancers
3 ballet dancers  
I have a picture by Degas and would like to find out if it is a print or an original. I was referred to your link by Dennis Boucher.

Thank you for your help,

Hello Sandra,

I have browsed through the catalogue raisonne of Degas' works and could not locate this piece, which leads me to believe that it is not an original print.  I believe that it might be a reproduction of some sort.  However, it is hard to tell based on an image. If it looks like it could potentially be a drawing, perhaps I can recommend the below experts:

Sylvie Brame| Brame & Lorenceau
68, boulevard Malesherbes
75008 Paris
Tel +33 (0) 1 45 22 16 89
Fax +33 (0) 1 45 22 01 67

Théodore Reff
435 Riverside Dr., Apt 92
New York, NY 10025
T: (212) 864-6683

Only these experts would have the authority to authenticate a potentially unique work by Degas.  I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University