Fine Art/painting authentification

Question
In 1980 my wife won ,as a raffle prize, a signed , numbered , Alexander Calder original color lithograph "Potpourri". I can see the penciled signature on the lower right side , but I cannot find the number of the piece.It is framed, and the painting is attatched to a backing board.Are paintings that are part of a numbered group not numbered ? Kindly give me some insight to what I am looking for. Thank you.

Answer
Hello Tom,

Is this work entitled 'Potpourri' or 'Potpourri en Ciel?' The best way for me to assist you would be to see an image.  If possible, please attach an image so that I may take a look at what you have.

Regarding original Calder lithographs, they are usually numbered from the edition.  If they are not numbered, then they are likely annotated E.A.or H.C. signifying that the work is an artist's proof.  Do you perhaps see these letters annotated on your work?

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.  Please do send a picture if possible.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans