Fine Art/Painting Indentification

Question
Hi there,

I'm really hoping you can help me.  I have two very large paintings done with Clay and paint over them so they are textured. They are both Van guard Studios and have numbered backs.  One of the numbered ones says 181-28825-8 and is of a Indian headdress with feathers coming off it.  The other is just two feathers coming down maybe off a dream catcher or something similar.  I can't find anything at all on the artist as Andy as in Andy Warhol keeps coming up in the search result even though the signature says Andie and that's what I'm searching.  Do you have any info at all on this artist?  My friend collects native American art and would like to purchase these but wants to know more.  Thank you so very very much.  I can get pics to you if necessary.  

Angelica

Answer
Dear Angelica,

What you have is a painting by a staff member at Vanguard Studios who signed as Andie. Vanguard Studios was founded by an artist named Lee Reynolds Burr and represents a business venture that was formed in the sixties to create affordable oil paintings for the masses.

Vanguard apprentice artists were usually trained at America's finest art schools but most of the artist's signed the work they produced as Lee Reynolds; however there are examples of other signatures such as yours. I checked my artist listings and nothing comes up with a signature of just Andie.

Value on this work is decorative and depends on the quality of technique and the desirability of the subject matter. To find other work similar to yours; do an Internet search using key words “Lee Reynolds painting” or “Vanguard Studios painting”. There are usually several at any time on eBay. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley