Fine Art/Painting info

Question
painting
painting  

Painter
Painter  
Dear Dolly,

Happy New Year, I came across with your profile and can't wait to ask your expertise about the painting that I bought from a nice couple.

I am collecting original paintings whenever I have enough money and gives me joy most of all.

I am really interested knowing the artist named "Lewis" that painted this amazing art in oil canvas.

I am amazed of how this 48"W x 23"H was so detailed as if it was a real tree bark and sides of a creek.

I also would love to know how much this painting worth.

Any information on this painting will highly be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Arlene,
It is a lovely painting, but there are hundreds of artists with the last name of Lewis and finding the painter of yours is not possible without more information. I am sorry I cannot be of more help. Value on unknown work is based on the value the collector places on the piece. In this case it sounds as though you value it very much.
Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley