Fine Art/Painting info

Dear Dolly,

Happy New Year, I came across with your profile and can't wait to ask your expertise about the painting that I bought from a nice couple.

I am collecting original paintings whenever I have enough money and gives me joy most of all.

I am really interested knowing the artist named "Lewis" that painted this amazing art in oil canvas.

I am amazed of how this 48"W x 23"H was so detailed as if it was a real tree bark and sides of a creek.

I also would love to know how much this painting worth.

Any information on this painting will highly be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dear Arlene,
It is a lovely painting, but there are hundreds of artists with the last name of Lewis and finding the painter of yours is not possible without more information. I am sorry I cannot be of more help. Value on unknown work is based on the value the collector places on the piece. In this case it sounds as though you value it very much.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.