Fine Art/Picasso Authentication

picasso abstract
picasso abstract  
I received a Picasso painting from my grandfather prior to his passing several years ago.  He was born and raised in Spain. I never had the painiting appraised nor authenitcated.  i am looking to sell the painiting at this time.  The artwork is more Miro esque than Picasso.  any help would be welcome and of course if you want ed to sell it for me im open. My number n chicago is    JT

Dear J. Everest Thomas,

Unfortunately, I do not have the authority to authenticate a potentially unique work by Picasso.  In order to sell this work as a Picasso, you will need to have it authenticated by Maya Picasso.  Please find her contact information below:

Maya Widmaier Picasso | DWP Editions
23, Place Vend˘me
75001 Paris
Fax +33 (0) 1 42 61 11 45

She is only available by fax and mail. I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Best of luck,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University