Fine Art/picasso print

Hi Dolly,

I recently purchased a Picasso print at a thrift store for a whopping $2.99! I am a fan of the artist and just thought it was beautiful, but after taking it out of the frame, I noticed that the quality seemed much nicer than a print. Also the colors on my print are different then the version of the print that is all over the internet. The bouquets in the hands as well as the squiggle at the bottom which may represent grass are green on the internet. In my print those areas are light blue not green. Also upon closer inspection, i noticed the colors overlap in some spots and I am wondering if it is a lithograph or serigraph of some sort. Any further information would be greatly appreciated!

Dear Tara,
I have seen many versions and variations of this print. Yours may well be a lithograph, but I cannot tell without inspecting it in person. I would take it to a local fine art dealer who specializes in Modern Masters and have them take a look at it for you. It is one of my favorite Picasso images.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.