Fine Art/Renoir Lovers

I found a "painting" about three years ago. It is  titled the "Lovers". On the back there is a black  Merrill Chase sticker and a card that has Renoir typed on it. I would like to know it's history/value. Thank you.

Hello Bonnie,

Is there any way that you can send over an image of this work? I am familiar with Renoir's original painting 'The Lovers,' but as far as I know, he did not create any original prints after the image of this work. I believe that the original painting is in the National Gallery in Prague.  

Merrill Chase was a fairly reputable gallery chain in Chicago, though I believe that they are currently out of business. Perhaps I can also recommend the below link:

It appears that the Chicago Appraisers have access to Merrill Chase records, and if you send them an image,they can provide a bit more information free of charge.

Please do send an image if possible, and I will do my best to provide further information.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University