Fine Art/Breakfast at Brennan's by Donabeth Jones

Question
Breakfast at Brennan\'s Front
Breakfast at Brennan's  

Breakfast at Brennan\'s Back
Breakfast at Brennan's  
Dear Expert,

I found this piece of art at a thrift store and I believe it to be an original watercolor by artist Donabeth Jones. I have tried to find the same piece of art online, however, I have been unsuccessful.

Donabeth Jones was a part of the Hungry Artist Network in New Orleans.

I have a two questions:

How can I tell if it is original?
How can I find out how much it might be worth?

From what I was reading about this artist, it was common for her to tape a business card on the back of the artwork. My piece has this plus a taped picture of her and a biography.

I have attached picture of the front and back.

Donabeth died in 2011.

Answer
Dear Lisa,

This is out of my expertise as I do not particularly have knowledge of modern artists but as she does not have an expert who authenticates her work nor any family listed that I could find to contact, I can suggest you contact an appraiser in New Orleans as they will be familiar with her work and they will figure out the authentication and monetary worth for you. A good site to find one is American Society of Appraisers: http://www.appraisers.org/  .

Another option is to contact Hungry Artist Studio at 504-523-6857 and see if they were connected to her at all and if they might be able to assist you in your search. I do know in trying to search for your information that her works sell for $50-$200 but those are mainly for lithographs, not watercolors so I'm not sure on the value of yours. Best of luck.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans