Fine Art/Franz Charlet Belgium artist

Hi! I inherited two signed, dated, and numbered prints of the artist, Franz Charlet (Belgium). One is of a woman nursing her child with two other children nearby.  It is signed on the right and the number 2011 is on the left .  On the top in very fine print is a copyright 1927 by S A L'Estampe Moderne, Paris.

The other is of five boys seated in the field playing cards with a church in the background.  It is also signed on the lower right : F Charlet 24.  On the left is 231.

Do these beautiful pictures have any value?

Dear Lynne,

I'm not familiar with the work of Franz Charlet but in doing some research his prints sell at auction for around $60-$100. What I would suggest is bringing it into a local art gallery or even an auction house to get them properly looked at. Hopefully that helps.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University