Fine Art/Paintings

No clue
No clue  
Hi Andrew,
I am cleaning out my mothers house and am wondering if you had any insight on these paintings before I throw them out.
Thank you,

Dear Jim,

The top work of a street scene by an artist named Burnett I am unfamiliar with so I cannot attest to the value and the bottom work of the mother holding the child's hand is a reproduction of a work titled, "Boston Common at Twilight, 188586" from the American artist Childe Hassam. The reproduction print has no resale value and is simply for decorative purposes. Regarding the first one I would contact a local auction house or antique dealer maybe to see about the value because it looks like it could be worth something, and seeing it in person would help to better distinguish the value. Hopefully that helps.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University