Fine Art/Philbrook is selliing my Aunts Collection

Laura Clubb is my great Aunt. She made history for her private art collection. This collection she trusted the Philbrook museum to manage, keep sake and take care of. The reason she allowed the Philbrook to handle her collection is because she wanted her collection to stay in Oklahoma. If you goggle Laura Clubb and the Clubb Hotel out of Kaw City Oklahoma, you will find the details of her collection. Laura is in the Hall of Fame for her collection and made history. I want to hold the Philbrook accountable and sue for breech of contract/trust agreement. Also for unlawfully selling pieces of the collection to private collectors. Christies Auction House has already sold many paintings of my Aunt Laura that were once in the Philbrook. The only other heir that is blood related to Laura Clubb that is still alive is myself and my mother. I have the power of attorney to act in place of my mother. What can be done to stop this?

I believe what you will need to do is hire an attorney that specializes in art law who will assist you in setting up a case that you can then take to mediation. If a settlement is not reached in mediation then it will go to the courts. Bryan Cave LLP came up a lot in my searches so you might be able to contact them and see if they will assist you or if they know of a firm in Oklahoma who specializes in art law. What the museum is doing in selling the artworks is called de-accessioning if you want to do some research into the controversies and other cases surrounding that issue to help you. Hopefully that helps.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University