Fine Art/Question about a print

Woman sitting with corn in basket
Woman sitting with cor  

woman sitting with corn in basket 2
woman sitting with cor  
Hello.  I have a print of a woman sitting with corn in a basket.   The print has H.J.Bruer, the E.B. Collection typed on it, but I cannot find any information online about H.J. Bruer or the E.B. Collection.   

Is this a known artist, or do you think this was created for a private individual named H.J. Bruer?    I'm a little confused as to why I cannot find any information on this.  

Also, I would like to know in a case like this, if no information is found about the artist or the names typed on the artwork, does that mean that the artwork has no value to it?

Thank you.

Dear Steve,

I could not find an artist named H.J. Bruer. I also tried printing companies and publishers but nothing came up either. This could be because the work was made and sold in limited quantity by the artist locally and they are therefore not well known and no market exists for their work. You are right in that this does mean there is no high collectable value besides what someone is personally willing to pay for such a work. Hopefully that helps.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University