Fine Art/A Rembrandt etching

Dear Mr Evans,

I have in my possession a Rembrandt etching from the Catalda Fine Arts, INC, title: Group I 7116 Rest on Flight, Frame No. F 261, (Partial Order number: 1303?) It is framed 12 inches wide and 8 1/2 inches long. I am curious to know the value of this art work. I do understand that the Catalda art gallery was involved in litigation issues regarding their works of art and authenticity. Do you think it is worth having it appraised professionally? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Dear Sharri,

Catalda Fine Arts was involved in litigation issues that caused them to close their doors but the works they produced are considered to be reproductions and are of decorative value and have no real collectible value. The range for a value would honestly be anywhere from $35 to $100 so it of course depends on if you want to pay the money for an appraisal, but the work is not an investment as there is no future return so hopefully that helps and I'm sorry I couldn't provide better news.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University