Fine Art/Rembrandt Oil Painting Signed 17th Century

Question
Rembrandt1
Rembrandt1  

Rembrandt2
Rembrandt2  
Can you please take a look at this 17 century oil painting by Rembrandt. I think it was done by one of is students. On the upper right part of the picture it's signed Rembrandt. At the bottom of the picture its signed AVN66.

Thank You,
Marcos

Answer
The work you have is after a Rembrandt oil titled "St Matthew and The Angel, 1661" that currently resides at the Musée du Louvre, Paris, France. I researched Rembrandt pupils to see if any had matching initials to AVN but could not find a match. Given the paint, texture, and style that comes through in the piece itself and photo I would say this is a much later reproduction. Unfortunately that is all the knowledge I have regarding you submission, but hopefully it helps.

Andrew Evans  

Andrew Evans