Fine Art/Dali artist it's proof

Dali woodblock
Dali woodblock  

Dali signature
Dali signature  

We recently purchased a woodblock print by Dali titled  "Virgil's Last Words". It is signed in pencil and in the plate and on the lower right it is marked EA. When I looked at it under magnification I could see wood grain marks . The bottom of the paper is  not a straight  cut. It has the appearance of paper that has been torn when it is wet.  It measures 13 x 10.25 inches.  

From everything I have researched online, it  appears to have all the markings of a real Dali ,   Is it necessary to get it authenticated and how would we go about getting it authenticated ?  What value does this have and will it increase in value over time in your opinion?
Thanks for your time.

Dear Donna,
As you are most likely aware, Dali prints have a history of fraud and I personally would not purchase one without a solid COA from a reputable dealer. The additional caution concerning your print is the EA and hand signed status. This puts it outside the numbered editions and questions which edition it is associated with. If you are happy with the print and want it for its aesthetic value, then it is not necessary to have it authenticated. However,if you want to resale it or have it insured you will need a formal authentication with COA.
There are several dealers who specialize in Dali prints who should be able to provide the service or direct you to someone who can. If you Google "Dali authentication" you will get several options.
The value of the art will increase if it is authenticated. I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.