Fine Art/Dzigurski Painting

Dzigurski Landscape
Dzigurski Landscape  

Good evening.  Please find enclose a photo of a painting that has been hanging
in my mother-in-law's converted garage for many years.  The signature states
that is painted by Alex Dzigurski.  I was able to find one similar looking image
of one of his paintings on the web, but not this one.  

I will be looking at it more closely this weekend when we are back at her place,
but wanted to get your opinion on whether this may or may not have been painted
by either Dzigurski Sr. or Jr.

Thanks very much for any information you can provide me with.

Dear Lauri,
The style of father and son are VERY much alike. Alex Sr. signed his paintings as A. Dzigurski; and his son appears to sign his work as Dzigurski II O.P.A. The photo you sent of the signature is very blurry. Overall based on the colors and similar landscapes, I would assign your painting to the elder. His signature was straight line whereas Jr tends to have more varience. The younger is still alive and can be contacted through his website if you want to pursue it further.
I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.