Fine Art/huldah oils

Question
a older gentleman brought these two paintings into a thrift store. i bought them right away they were so pretty.  they are both huldah and in old white vintage frames.. there is writing on back that says Christmas 1948 and to they were for and from who.. and says purchased at manderly art store. Do you think these could be real. i don't want to take the paper off back to look for numbers because it is so old:) anything you know would help..Thank you PS there are a lady in a pinkish hat with waiters behind her and 2nd one is a lady and what looks like beside a pond.. beautiful pictures

Answer
Dear Heidi,

I unfortunately cannot tell you if they are real but I can tell you that Cherry Jeffe Huldah's oil's sell between $170 to $1,000 these days depending on image, size, and condition. If you want to tell if the works are real, you might want to contact a gallery that sells his works as they will have the necessary knowledge. In doing a quick search one gallery came up called Kodner Gallery: http://www.kodnergallery.com/   . Best of luck.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans