Fine Art/Identify original drawing

full image
full image  
Good morning Dolly.

Believe this would have been done in the mid to late 60's by an artist in the L.A. area (friend of an uncle we inherited it from).

I've had no luck "decoding" the signature. Any ideas?

Thank you for any thoughts you have.

Dear Gary,
I compared the signature to those in my artist books, but I cannot find a match. The first letter looks like a J. There may be a second capitalized letter after that, possibly a C, but I cannot make it out. This is a great example as to why people need to put the identity of an artist on the back of the piece for future generations. Maybe try the other experts to see if they can read the signature. Sorry I can not help with this one.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.