Fine Art/OLD IRONSIDES Paqinting

I have the same picture of Old Ironsides hanging in my living room.  It was purchased at Rich's Department Store in Atlanta in 1937  and given to my parents as a wedding gift.

Dear Sonny,
I hope you are doing well. I did not see a photo attached to your question. However, if you have a painting that you have seen before it is likely a reproduction. There was a flourish of reproductions of famous paintings put on heavy cardboard during mid century. If you have a jewelers loupe or other high magnification you will likely see a dot pattern on the painting.
You can go to ebay and do a search of "Old Ironsides" and probably find examples of your art listed. I hope this information is helpful.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.