Fine Art/Ting Shao Kuang print

I purchased a Ting Shao Kuang serigraph, signed and numbered at an online auction. Unfortunately, it was damaged during shipping and  has creases thru-out the print.  So disappointing , it is a beautiful print.
I wanted to know if restoration can remove the creases and how much value has been lost with restoration( if possible) and in it's current state?
Thanks for any advice you may be able to  give  me.

Dear Donna,
Beautiful print by the Yunnan School Master. I have a piece by Jiang Tie Feng; one of his contemporaries. It is a shame it appears to have been too tightly rolled for shipping. Have you considered returning the print for a refund and finding another? The option to have it restored is very possible; but I cannot give you an estimate of the cost. With a good restoration the value of the print should not be diminished. The ability to completely restore a crease depends on how deep and if there is any loss of inks. Check with a local custom art framer (I say custom rather than one of the chain stores)and ask for a local referral. They should know who is the best for that type of restoration in your area. Get several referrals and get estimates before proceeding. Sometimes a museum will tell you who they use without making a formal recomendation. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.