Fine Art/Danchin

QUESTION: Hello Dolly,Yes i have a really nice out of 500 I believe it is #271.(hard ta make out)The middle number had a line going through it.Few years ago seen one really scream on e-bay.Ours has been hanging hear 30 + years.If ya dont mind giving us a ball park figure.Im in Pa if ya dont know i can check in NY.Thank's Dolly.

ANSWER: Dear Frank,
The image is titled "Victory" and is a colored etching by Leon Danchin, 1887-1938, French. I found one that sold on ebay in November this year, but the actual sale price is not listed and the print was in extremely poor condition. There is a buyer looking this print in good condition:
Best regards,

QUESTION: Dolly it is in excellent condition.

Hi Frank,
I gave you the link. You can contact the buyers directly. There are no examples of the print online so you will need to put a price you feel you want for the print. The only example I could find at previous auctions (wholesale) was from 2009 where the auction house estimated its value between $300-500. The actual sale price was not listed.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.