Fine Art/A. DeVity piece value

Question
unknown
unknown  
Hello,
I have a paris street scene painting by A. DeVity with a stamp on the back "Studio d'arte - A. DeVity" and US Patent N. 865,797 and Reg. Italia Uff. Centr. Brev. N. 21685 C/67.  The stretcher measures 12.5"W x 15"L and is set in a gold ornate frame (2.5"W).  I found reference to the exact same piece being purchased by someone else online 3 months ago.  Our customer purchased the piece, that we have, from a gallery in Colorado approx. 20 years ago. The canvas does not have a lot of relief to it - it has some areas where it appears acrylic paint has been applied.  The signature does not have relief to it either, which makes me think this is a giclee with enhancements.   Any insight you can provide is much appreciated.

Answer
Dear Jackie,

I cannot tell you if you have an original without seeing it in person, but based on the information on the back and the photo you attached; I would say you probably have an original by Antonio DeVity, (1901-1993). Other original work by him has similar information on the back of the canvas. If you google his name you will find many examples of his work currently on the secondary market.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley