Fine Art/herbelot artwork value

Hi I have 2 framed litho signed works in good condition and one what I think is an original watercolour as there is no number eg 6/32
just wondering if you could give e an idea of the value
I live in Melbourne Australia

Dear Jenny,
It is not possible for me to tell exactly what you have. The ones with edition numbers and hand signed are likely lithographs. I read once that his originals were not signed and that the signature was added after the image was printed. I cannot confirm this. On the lithographs, the best method for determining value is to do a Google search for Herbelot lithographs. There are ususally numerous examples for sale or sold listings on eBay and other secondary art market online stores. If you use the same terms and image search, you may find an example of your particular print. This is how I look for current market value on art. If the artist has sold at a major auction house I will look there as well.
As far as the one you believe may be an original watercolor; I would take that to a local art expert at a gallery or museum and have them verify if it is a print or original. I hope this is helpful.
Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.