Fine Art/Michael schofield original oils

there seems to be a huge disparity concerning the estimated values of Michael schofield original oil paintings.  What are they really worth ? I have seen estimates from $2000.00 to $ 75,000.  I wish to purchase one of his works. They want $ 2000.00 for it .  Is this too much Money?

Debra, Fair Market Value for his oils are $250 -$1,500.

This seems to be a retail price.

Honestly, if you are looking for an investment, you could do better than this artist.

If you truly love the piece and would enjoy it in your home, than depending on size, condition and imagery, it might fit your needs.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University