Fine Art/Need help identifing the artist of a painting

I already tried several ways to find out who painted this nice painting with flowers, but so far I was not able to. I hope you can help me with this.

The signature looks like M Pauen or Poulsen or something similar, but I am not sure. At least I cant find any artist with this name so far.

This work looks quite old to me, at least before 1945 and maybe of the 19th century. The back of the painting shows a label with "Roe Bros - Pictures Restored, Pictures Packed for Export, Artists".

Any help on the artist or other information about the painting is welcome.

Dear Ronald,

I will be happy to help. I need to get better photographs of the painting, signature and the writing on the back. Please use the highest resolution on your camera and send as jpeg attachments to The signature blurs on enlargement so the file sizes must be large for me to work in photo shop. Put Ronald allexperts in the subject line.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.