Fine Art/Pablo Picasso Lithograph Dance with Bandilleras

Picasso signature
Picasso signature  

Picasso full image
Picasso full image  
I have what I suspect is an artist's proof of this lithograph, with no number, but with what appears to be an authentic Picasso signature in pencil under skirt of the older female figure, rather than beneath the date, in the upper right, in red, as it shows in the one hanging in the Hermitage.
It was not expensive when I purchased it in an antique store over 12 years ago, though I framed it beautifully at the time.  Since then, two friends who are somewhat knowledgeable (more than me, anyway) about art seem to think that it is indeed a real signature.  What might the value range be for such a piece?

Hello Ben,

In my opinion,this signature does appear authentic. If you would like to reference some examples of authentic Picasso signatures you can view them on the below site:

However, I am not familiar with this particular print and am not sure of the exact value. I would approximate that something like this would be worth around $ 4,000 - $5,000 assuming that it is authentic.  Perhaps I can recommend taking this work to a local gallery or auction house for further information.

I hope that this information can be of some assistance.

Warm Regards,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University