Fine Art/Chagall print

This is a follow up email to a response I received from your auto responder today re: Jerusalem Window - "Windows of Benjamin" print by Marc Chagall.

Hi & thank you for your response of 3/2/2013,

I can't tell if it is hand signed, or not.  I am only going by the label on the back, which says screen signed.  I can say the black ink border around the print itself is about a heavy 1/2 inch wide.

I can give exact measures from top of the print window arch, to bottom of window print (outside edges of black ink border), if that will help.

Someone must have thought this was something of artistic value, as the frame it's in, is of good quality.  I also can give exact measurements of the frame, my original email mis-stated the size.  It is approx. 3&1/2' tall by 2&1/2' wide. Sorry about that.

I know without seeing the print itself, or even with a photo, it is difficult to determine what exactly I have.  

Anything additional you can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

I have sold three types of works by Chagall, One of a kind original pieces, hand signed limited edition prints (signed in pencil or color pencil) and unsigned Bible prints that were taken from the Bible series books. Chagall was a print maker and you can find detailed descriptions of how he made prints via google search. In the art industry we see mass produced or large editions of what we call "Plate signed" prints.
The plate signed editions are usually affordable as the original artist was not involved in making them. I hope this info helps, I cannot say for sure unless I examine your print in person.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.